UEL Students’ Union is a registered Data Controller as per the Data Protection Act 1998, registration number Z3264732.
What do we do with your data?
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 we are required to obtain your consent for the following:
to hold information about you on our electronic database and process your personal data;
to store confidential records of application notes and all correspondence with you in our electronic database;
to discuss your application where appropriate with other staff members;
to allow your application to be accessed by third parties strictly for auditing purposes;
to contact you for feedback on the quality of our service.
Every person has rights associated with how their personal data is used and processed. These rights include:
• To be informed what personal data about you the Students’ Union holds and what it is used for
• To access your personal data
• To update the personal data the Students’ Union holds about you
• To be informed how the Students’ Union is complying with its obligations under the Act
• To complain to the Data Protection Officer if you believe that the Data Protection policy has not been followed.
• To complain to the Information Commissioner if you believe that the Data Protection Act has not been followed.
• To have personal data erased where there is no compelling reason for us to keep the data
You have the right to access any personal data that is being kept about you either in electronic or paper files. Requests for access to personal data will be dealt with as quickly as possible and either way within the 40 days required by law. Please make any such requests to email@example.com
UEL Students' Union applies the University of East London's data protection policy apart from the following changes:
- "UEL" means "UEL Students' Union";
- "Board of Governors" means "Board of Trustees";
- "University Executive Board" means "Senior Leadership Team";
- the "data processor" and "data controller" are UEL Students' Union.